I think, therefore I am....

The only thing worst than wanting to be a writer is actually having to write something.  I'm sick of the awkward silence that follows when I am asked, "So, Ayeshah, what have you been working on?"  If I answered grading essays and rereading Macbeth (paying close attention to literary devices and Shakespeare-esque word plays) it just doesn't seem enough.  I feel obligated to mention that I've started something, though I've since trashed the idea, gone back to it, trashed it again, then began something completely different.  I try to limit any reference to the creative process as I seem to be NOT experiencing it and I still feel there something more I should be doing. 

I got a call the other day, literally Friday of this week if the other day was too vague, from my aunt and she said something along these lines:  "Esha, I was watching an Oprah interview of Shonda Rhimes and I think you can be her."  HA, right, like I can create an Olivia Pope whose affair with the President keeps people tuning in every Thursday night at 10pm....right.  But I will say that her words, though a seemingly overestimation of my talent, made me feel really good about life.  I AM A WRITER DAMN-IT!  A I CAN BE THE NEXT SHONDA RHIMES (I mean, we both went to USC..that has to mean something). 

So, sitting at my computer now, I will write until something somewhat decent is produced and I won't get all bent out of shape if my first draft is...well....shitty, because chances are, it will be.

I AM A WRITER, HEAR ME TYPE.


Ayeshah


Currently listening to:
Spotify's top 100 for USA, soon to switch to UK
BIGBANG!!!  "Band Boy", "Fantastic Baby", and "Blue
G-Dragon (solo stuff)
Emeli Sande (entire album)



Comments