Changez

Hello friends and family. 

If you are like me, you have cried about, laughed because of, denied the need for, and finally accepted the reality of some recent changes. I came to the States in February with nothing more than a week's worth of clothes and the hope of returning in a month. 5 (almost 6) months later I am preparing to transition to life in the states. That's right...I'm baaaacccckkkkk. 

As exciting as it is heartbreaking, it just felt like this is where God wants me for now. And I'm finally okay with it. In fact, once I accepted this as the way things were going to be, the flood gates opened and I was immediately able to get a car, a new job in the Charlotte, NC area, and a new apartment...all within 2 weeks. 

I can't say I am super excited to leave behind, at least for now, my nomadic ways, but I can say I will enjoy bringing this new me back "home" and seeing how my new prespective will impact a new set of students in a new city. 

I have been reminded of how little is in our control.  No one asked for a virus to transform how we do life...but, sometimes these unexpected elements open up opportunities we never previously considered...

We have all gone through a lot this year, but be comforted in knowing we're all in this together...and yes, I did just borrow from High School Musical.


Things I am grateful for (in no particular order): 
***My new baby...not exactly my baby, because who has time to take actual pictures, but her distant cousin. 

***My family (this is months old...but what I got)

***Seafood


***My health...

There's more, but I haven't got the pictures to prove it....

Be safe and go in LOVE! 


Ayeshah

Comments

  1. Congrats congrats! This is beautiful! Isn't God so amazing! So Glad he made provisions for you... cant wait to read more on your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment