Another good article....

"The notion that one can do anything is clearly liberating. But life without constraints has also proved a recipe for endless searching, endless questioning of aspirations. It has made this generation obsessed with self-development and determined, for as long as possible, to minimise personal commitments in order to maximise the options open to them. One might see this as a sign of extended adolescence."

http://msittig.freeshell.org/articles/FinT_TribalWorkers.html

Did I just blog about this yesterday?  There seems to be an entire generation of people like me, in mindset if not monetary status, who are content floating through life "experiencing" things.  I like the freedom of knowing I could go teach in Asia next year without having to worry about a car note or house payment or, thank God, kids!  But when do we, I guess we being our generation, decide it's time to settle in one city with one company?  Do we have to?  Is that accurate indication that we are indeed becoming adults?

Maybe we are all looking for that one job that consumes us and makes us feel like we are doing something......or maybe not......

Something to ponder on as I continue to question my aspirations and limit my personal commitments.

Comments

  1. I jusr sent out a mass text: Life is going after your true calling and living! And loving-- I think for you, you have to find something that you absolutely love and pray to God that He gives you the motivation and the drive to do it! Sometimes, we can be our only hindrance. What is stopping you from going after what you want, and not what your parents want! I ask myself that same question. It is time for me to live and to not be afraid to live. I would say go back to that girl in college, she was not afraid to try new things and to live!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment