What to do when someone breaks into your car...

Man, oh man! I so wanted to do a Memorial Day post that would give the readers a warm and fuzzy feeling like Lady A, but instead I got the surprise of my life yesterday when I returned to my cousin’s apartment from Macon. Someone had broken into my car! When we pulled up, I just stared at my car in disbelief. These people, who I’ve been referring to as fools, left the driver’s side door open and my trunk. They plundered through my glove compartment and the compartment in the between the front seats- finding nothing, I might add. Thankfully I didn’t have anything of importance in the car and I’m even more thankful that they didn’t take the car all together. I swear sometimes it seems that Lady A and I must have the most interesting lives ever.

Anyway, if this does happen to you be sure to get a police report done. Especially if something is stolen. Most insurance companies won’t even begin the claim process before a police report is done. Also, reach out to your local police precinct to get information on how they handle the situation. I was surprised to find out that Clayton County, the county my car was in at the time, will not complete a police report unless something was stolen.

Hopefully, you’ll never need this information :)


Lady T

Comments

  1. You mean to tell me they didn't grab that Spice Girls cd that's been in there since high school? HAHA, Clayton County at it's best, eh? I knew once all the schools lost their accreditation there would be a rise in crime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment