An unlikely muse....

So, as most of you know....I think, I am a student teacher which, though rewarding in its own way, does not pay...so I babysit to earn a living.  (We all have bills to pay, and it's flexible self employment).

While babysitting today, the 3-year-old daughter of the family I sit with was coloring in this Pixi-halla/Disney coloring book with her magic markers that only color on this special paper. (blahblahblah) and I got to looking at the fairies...I mean really looking at them and thinking....why haven't I tried to include one in one of my stories before.

Now I have this image of a blue fairy (not Pinocchio...actually blue, her skin at least) who I want to create.  I don't know how, but I want to write a story and include her in it, maybe not as the main, but definitely as a big character....she's going to be blue with brilliant red afro-hair that has these goldish, orange streaks....I don't know, I just can't shake the idea and it's spinning around in my head since this morning.  Now, as I sit to write, I'm having trouble getting started and organizing my thoughts.  The trouble with genius?

I'll keep you posted!  

Trying to write,

Comments

  1. Blue with a red afro? I don't know that that has a good aesthetic. Blue and Red aren't good complimentary colors. Check a color wheel. Blue and yellow; blue and orange... those combinations work well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's not supposed to match! Though I get your point, I want her to look odd.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment