Just give me the damn car

As many of you who have been following know, I'm car-less (not to be confused with careless) and have been for a few months.  Well, with the start of a new quarter, my schedule has gotten a bit more demanding and I find myself needing to be in multiple places throughout the day.  This is difficult when you don't have a car.  I know what your thinking, "But Lady A, doesn't Atlanta have that wonderful public transport called MARTA?"  And to that I say:  :-|

It's a dismal situation to be stuck in...so I've decided to buy a car this weekend...thank you student loan reimbursements...and pay cash for it so that I own it and it's mine....But in the mean time, I had to rent a car...and let's just say I've never felt so profiled in my life.

I usually get my cars through enterprise, because they have NEVER let me down, but this morning as I'm rushing off to work, Enterprise has just lost a valuable, dependable costumer.  Luckily, Hertz was available in such short notice, for a few bucks extra, and they came through...unfortunately it's a few bucks extra.  But thus is life.  After calling out of work, because of transportation slums, at least I just got a gig that offers to pay me more than my job would have today--thank you baby sitting.  lol

Lady A

Comments