Do you hear that? It's opportunity knocking...

Well let it in! As Lady A stated in her previous post, you must be about your money. This being said, I've come to realize not a lot of people possess the skills to achieve this feat; more specifically, today's urban youth. About a week ago, my mother sent me a link to a training program called Year Up. According to their page, Year Up is an “intensive training program that provides young urban adults 18-24, with a unique combination of technical and professional skills, college credits, an educational stipend and corporate internship.” Whew, that was a mouthful! But doesn't that sound great? Especially with our economy down in the pits. I won't lie, when I first viewed the website I thought about dropping everything and applying; the program looked that good. Currently, this program is only offered in the following cities:

Atlanta

Baltimore

Boston

Chicago

National Capital Region

New York City

Providence

Puget Sound/Seattle

San Francisco Bay Area

In fact, this was the only downside I found to the program. If your city is not listed, check with your local Chamber of Commerce to see if there may be something similar offered in your area.

If your do live in one of the cities listed, you can click here to check out the site & if you like what you see, apply!


Lady T

Comments